ENTRY-LEVEL TOPCON CONSOLES NOW AEF ISOBUS ACCREDITED
Topcon’s entry-level XD and XD+ touchscreen consoles are now fully ISOBUS accredited having been awarded official AEF (Agricultural Industry Electronics Foundation) certification.
The Topcon XD (7”) and XD+ (12.1”) consoles were added to Topcon’s X-series range of precision farming implement control consoles in November last year and have recently been awarded full ISOBUS accreditation by the AEF. As such, in addition to being compatible with the full range of Topcon precision farming systems (auto-steer and implement guidance, automatic headland turns, crop sensing, yield monitoring, variable rate and auto section control and Norac boom height control), the consoles have also passed the AEF’s tests for the following ISOBUS functionalities:
- UT 2.0: enables different implements to be operated from the same terminal (the UT 2.0 AEF test covers the Virtual Terminal (VT) 3.0 standard);
- AUX-N 1.0: enables users to control certain implement functions which support the AUX-N standard by means of an additional control element such as an externally mounted joystick. The use of AUX-N compatible equipment allows the operator to simplify tasks such as switching the machine on or off or unfolding the implement;
- TC Bas 1.0: the implement provides basic totals values that are relevant for the work performed. This information is then used as the basis of the exchange of data between the farm management system and Task Controller in ISO-XML data. Jobs can easily be imported to the task controller and/or the finished documentation can be exported later;
- TC Geo 1.0: allows the user to carry out map-based tasks including variable rate applications. It also records ‘as applied’ and position information for enhanced traceability. This data can then be exported in the universally recognized ISO-XML data format;
- TC SC 1.0 (task controller section control): automatic switching of sections based on GPS position and desired degree of overlap. This allows the user to optimise product use and ensure application only occurs where required.
“The XD and XD+ offer an excellent entry-level option for any farmer or contractor who wants to start using precision farming technologies to improve the accuracy and efficiency of their tillage, drilling, spreading, spraying and harvesting operations,” explains Richard Reed, Managing Director of UK-based Topcon distributor, LH Agro.
“The addition of full AEF accreditation means these consoles can reliably be coupled with a huge selection of compatible implements including spreaders, drills and sprayers from a multitude of manufacturers.”
The consoles are also compatible with Topcon’s XTEND app which enables users to use a tablet or smartphone as a wireless extension of the screen and to perform calibration, diagnostics, tank fill and many other functions either inside or outside the cab of the vehicle or machine.
“The XD and XD+ can also be used in conjunction with Topcon’s Horizon 5 software and Topcon Agriculture Platform (TAP) which enables implement settings to be adjusted remotely and for manufactuers to unlock or upgrade specific features via an internet or data connection. Users can also use the consoles to remotely share task data, AB lines and field-specific positioning information from one console to another.”
Prices for the Topcon XD and XD+ start from £1,120 and £2,140 respectively. For more information visit www.lh-agro.co.uk or call LH Agro on 01480 496367. To view the AEF’s full list of ISOBUS accredited equipment visit www.aef-isobus-database.org